Thursday, February 3, 2011

False Alarm (Braxton Hicks)

Okay, so I keep referring to my writing as my baby. I can't help it, I like my characters alot! So imagine the heart-stopping moment I had today when an unidentified 801 area code (Utah) phone number showed up on my caller ID! Could it be the publishers calling to ask me where I had been all their professional publishing-career life??? It has been eight weeks since I submitted my manuscript. That's getting close to standard response time.

And as I waited with baited breath to have the person who asked for me BY NAME to identify herself . . . dang! It was someone calling to do a survey! It's like going to the hospital in labor only to be told it's Braxton Hicks and be sent back home.

I guess the baby will not be starting her published life just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment