Sunday, February 23, 2014

Meeting Mercedes and Reading a little on the Dark Side


Okay, I’ll admit, when I first heard the concept of Twilight, I thought it sounded ridiculously stupid. Eventually (like when the fourth book was released) I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised that I found it interesting. I know, you either love Twilight or hate it. But that’s not my point, so keep reading.

              Same goes for Horror. I am not a horror fan. I don’t read Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I think I have deep-seated trauma from growing up in such a scary house. Anyway, along comes Mercedes Murdock Yardley and I have to admit, I really enjoyed her book, Nameless. Yes, it’s horror.

              I “met” Mercedes through a FaceBook writing group and was so happy to find another writer in Las Vegas who was also LDS. The first time I met Mercedes in real life was at my first book signing at Barnes & Nobles with myself, Mercedes, and Ericka Kiefer. Actually my part of the signing was more a hand-out-my-postcard-for-my-upcoming-book-release.

              Mercedes is so sweet and has the cutest, softest voice, you would never think she writes horror. But horror it is and like I said above, I really enjoyed reading her book, like I-couldn’t-put-it-down kind of enjoyment. I can’t say I’m a horror fan, or that it has become my new favorite genre to read, but I would definitely read more of Mercedes’ stories. (Lucky for me, there are more available to read).

              Nameless has a butt-kicking heroine, Luna, and Reed Taylor. He’s my favorite. You will have to read it to see why, but I think Reed Taylor could easily be your favorite, too. It’s definitely worth a read, horror fan or not.

              Here’s more about Mercedes and Nameless.
 

 
 
 
 
 
LUNA MASTERSON SEES DEMONS. She has been dealing with the demonic all her life, so when her brother gets tangled up with a demon named Sparkles, ‘Luna the Lunatic’ rolls in on her motorcycle to save the day. Armed with the ability to harm demons, her scathing sarcasm, and a hefty chip on her shoulder, Luna gathers the most unusual of allies, teaming up with a green-eyed heroin addict and a snarky demon ‘of some import.’ After all, outcasts of a feather should stick together...even until the end.
 


MERCEDES M. YARDLEY wears red lipstick and poisonous flowers in her hair. Nameless: The Darkness Comes, book one of The Bone Angel Trilogy, is her second work for Ragnarok Publications, the first being the 2013 Stabby Award-winning, Apocalyptic Montessa and Nuclear Lulu: A Tale of Atomic Love.
Mercedes has been published in several diverse anthologies and magazines, ranging from John Skipp’s horror anthologies, the I Will Survive book with Gloria Gaynor, and Neverland’s Library by Neverland Books.
She has also worked as a contributing editor for Shock Totem Magazine and currently lives in Sin City. Her short story collection, Beautiful Sorrows, came out in 2012.

NAMELESS: The Darkness Comes reached as high as #3 in Amazon's "Hot New Releases" in Dark Fantasy during its January 2014 debut, and it has been amassing lots of four and five-star reviews ever since. It is volume one in "The Bone Angel Trilogy" by Mercedes M. Yardley, author of the award-winning novella, APOCALYPTIC MONTESSA AND NUCLEAR LULU: A Tale of Atomic Love and of Shock Totem's BEAUTIFUL SORROWS. Mercedes is working away on volume two of this trilogy, and it is slated for a January 2015 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment