Thursday, June 9, 2011

School's Out For Summer


Today was the last day of school. While my kids are celebrating, I am lamenting. I love school. School is a good thing. There is not one bit of homeschooling desire in this mom. Not that I don't like my kids, cause I do. But I also know how this is going to go: the kids will sleep in tomorrow til about nine, watch a little t.v. and then around 11:00 am they will announce that they are BORED!

Add Image


By 11:10 I am going to look like Alice Cooper.



And thus, summer has begun.

Summers in Vegas are long and hot. Hot, like 112 degrees hot. Granted, it's a dry heat, but when you can fry an egg on the sidewalk, what type of heat it is seems irrelevant. Hot is hot!
We don't have a pool (I promise I am not whining!), or that big of a back yard, so going outside is out. We are not going on vacation this year (again, stating a fact, not whining!), so there's nothing to look forward to.

I know I sound like I'm complaining, but if anything, I think I am just voicing my longing for the good ol days when school was year round. Oh!

But, other than the fear of resembling Mr. Cooper, I still have things to look forward to, like hearing about my book. So I will continue sending out good, positive thoughts about getting published, and make sure I get some good make up remover, so my eyeliner does not end up resembling Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment